Help Desk Technician+
Helpdesk Technician (+) consists of the CompTIA Information Technology Fundamentals + (ITF+) and CompTIA A+, which are designed to provide a comprehensive overview of the Information Technology field covering a broad range of information technology areas. The training will prepare participants to take the ITF+ exam (FCO-U61) and the A+ exams (220-1001 and 220-1002) and achieve certification. Certification in these two areas show that the graduates have the high-level skills and competencies necessary to be successful in a broad range of IT positions, from Helpdesk Support to Computer Support Technician.
The Help Desk Technician+ Program is an 8-week program, Monday - Thursday, designed for the "General Public". Classes begin at 8:30 am to 12:30 pm on these days. These courses are taken after the orientation course. Individuals must complete the entire Training Program. This program is comprised of two
- CompTia Information Technology Fundamentals (ITF+)
- CompTia A+
After completing the 8-week Helpdesk Technician + Program, trainees will be prepared to sit for both the ITF+ exam and both A+ 1001 and A+ 102 exams.
Help Desk Technician + Curriculum
In this course, you will install, configure, optimize, troubleshoot, repair, upgrade, and perform preventative maintenance on personal computers, digital devices, and operating systems. At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Support operating systems
- Install and configure PC system unit components and peripheral devices
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot display and multimedia devices
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot storage devices
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot internal system components
- Install, configure, and maintain operating systems
- Maintain and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows
- Explain network infrastructure concepts
- Configure and troubleshoot network connections
- Manage users, workstations, and shared resources
- Implement client virtualization and cloud computing
- Implement physical security
- Secure workstations and data
- Troubleshoot Workstation security issues
- Support and troubleshoot laptops
- Support and troubleshoot mobile devices
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot print devices
- Implement operational procedures.
CompTIA Information Technology Fundamentals
On course completion, you will be able to:
- Set up a computer workstation and use basic software applications
- Explain the functions and types of devices used within a computer system
- Apply basic computer maintenance and support principles
- Describe some principles of software and data development
- Configure computers and mobile devices to connect to home networks and to the internet
- Identify security issues affecting the use of computers and networks.
To be considered for the program, applicants must meet each of the following requirements. there are no exceptions.
- Eligible to Work in the US
- At least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Pass drug screen
Citizens MUST attend the MRWTC Orientation to qualify for the Help Desk Technician+ Program.
Class days are subject to change.
If you choose to apply, be aware that your application is for a training program offered by AIDT that could lead to a job offer with MRWTC parterning companies. The following conditions apply:
- You are applying to enroll in a class of instruction to improve your skill or to learn a new skill, to better quality for a job in the industry.
- Your will be provided the training by AIDT; the instructor is employed by AIDT.
- You will pay no fees for the training.
- You will not be paid to take the training. You are not covered by Workman's Compensation during the training hours.
- You must be at least 18 years old to be considered for enrollment in the training program or work in hazardous, non-agricultural, or industrial occupations. If selected for participation, you may be required to provide proof of age.
- Your performance and attendance must meet the behavior and learning standards established by AIDT. If you do not meet those standards, the instructor or other AIDT representative may terminate your training.
- You are not guaranteed a job offer for successfully completing the program. You are not required to accept any job offer.
- If you are selected for an interview, questions about these conditions can be discussed at that time.
- To be qualified for training, you must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. Proof of this eligibility may be required.
- If the required minimum number of students is not met, class will be cancelled.
Trainees who successfully complete the entire Program will receive an MRWTC certificate and be the first to be selected for review by MRWTC partnering companies.
Call Us for More Information
or Apply in Person
2913 East South Blvd
Montgomery, AL 36116